groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Graeme Rocher <graeme.roc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2_4_X branch question
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 21:45:55 GMT
Ok well if they have to wait until 2.5.x then so be it, I will just have to keep my fork around
for longer :)

Cheers
Graeme

> On 10 Dec 2015, at 22:17, John Wagenleitner <john.wagenleitner@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Then I should mention that the recent PR 203 "Support for Array and Iterable not just
Collection in JsonBuilder" [1] submitted I merged only into master since it was an enhancement.
 Depending on how the other open PR's are handled this may need to be revisited.

my commits) is out https://github.com/grails/grails-views/blob/master/json/src/main/groovy/grails/plugin/json/builder/StreamingJsonBuilder.java
<https://github.com/grails/grails-views/blob/master/json/src/main/groovy/grails/plugin/json/builder/StreamingJsonBuilder.java>

> Cheers
> Graeme
>
>> On 10 Dec 2015, at 21:58, John Wagenleitner <john.wagenleitner@gmail.com <mailto:john.wagenleitner@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> In looking at PR #210 "StreamingJsonBuilder - fix IllegalStateException when writing
unescaped output" [1] I noticed that commit c5c0cefb36 [2] that introduced the unescaped output
feature was merged into both master and 2_4_X.  I didn't think new features were normally
introduced in patch releases so was just curious how this should be handled (i.e., merge fix
or revert commit).  Just trying to get a good understanding for how the versioning scheme
[4] is applied and to see if there might have been a good reason to include it or if possibly
it was just by mistake.