groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Graeme Rocher <graeme.roc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2_4_X branch question
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 21:05:23 GMT
FWIW these are non-breaking additions that I would appreciate going into 2.4.6 as 2.5.x might
not be out for a while.

Currently I’m maintaining a temporary fork until 2.4.6 (or whatever release includes my
commits) is out https://github.com/grails/grails-views/blob/master/json/src/main/groovy/grails/plugin/json/builder/StreamingJsonBuilder.java
<https://github.com/grails/grails-views/blob/master/json/src/main/groovy/grails/plugin/json/builder/StreamingJsonBuilder.java>

Cheers
Graeme

> On 10 Dec 2015, at 21:58, John Wagenleitner <john.wagenleitner@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In looking at PR #210 "StreamingJsonBuilder - fix IllegalStateException when writing
unescaped output" [1] I noticed that commit c5c0cefb36 [2] that introduced the unescaped output
feature was merged into both master and 2_4_X.  I didn't think new features were normally
introduced in patch releases so was just curious how this should be handled (i.e., merge fix
or revert commit).  Just trying to get a good understanding for how the versioning scheme
[4] is applied and to see if there might have been a good reason to include it or if possibly
it was just by mistake.