Solved the problem for me as well.

Cheers,
Keith

On Nov 1, 2015, at 8:35 AM, Pascal Schumacher <pascalschumacher@gmx.net> wrote:

Merged. Solved the problem for me.

Thank you very much :),
Pascal

Am 01.11.2015 um 12:58 schrieb Thibault Kruse:
At a glance this might be a race condition on the tests, since the Interpreter mode tests change the global preferences, which is bad practice, sorry.
See https://github.com/apache/incubator-groovy/pull/172

Else I am not sure.

On Sat, Oct 31, 2015 at 11:24 PM, Pascal Schumacher <pascalschumacher@gmx.net> wrote:
Hi Keith,

"org.codehaus.groovy.tools.shell.GroovyshInterpreterModeTest > testBoundVar" also fails for me locally, but the test passes on all the ci-server jobs.

@Thibault Kruse: Maybe you have an idea why these test fail?

Thanks,
Pascal

Betreff: Re: Groovy category throwing MissingMethodException and MissingPropertyException when using multiple threads
Datum: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 16:44:51 -0400
Von: Keith Suderman <suderman@anc.org>
Antwort an: dev@groovy.incubator.apache.org
An: dev@groovy.incubator.apache.org

Hi Pascal,

I mis-spoke. The build succeeds (ie. ./gradlew clean dist), however I am getting two test failures in groovy-groovysh:

org.codehaus.groovy.tools.shell.GroovyshInterpreterModeTest > testBoundVarmultiple FAILED
    groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: y for class: groovysh_evaluate

and

org.codehaus.groovy.tools.shell.GroovyshInterpreterModeTest > testBoundVar FAILED
    groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: x for class: groovysh_evaluate

If I remove these two tests everything else passes.

> $ ./gradlew -v

> Gradle 2.8
>
> Build time:   2015-10-20 03:46:36 UTC
> Build number: none
> Revision:     b463d7980c40d44c4657dc80025275b84a29e31f
>
> Groovy:       2.4.4
> Ant:          Apache Ant(TM) version 1.9.3 compiled on December 23 2013
> JVM:          1.7.0_25 (Oracle Corporation 23.25-b01)
> OS:           Mac OS X 10.10.5 x86_64

Since the changes are minor (and hopefully uncontroversial) I’ve gone ahead and created the pull request. I hope I did it correctly.

Cheers,
Keith

> On Oct 30, 2015, at 2:18 AM, Pascal Schumacher <pascalschumacher@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Keith,
>
> Am 30.10.2015 um 04:41 schrieb Suderman Keith:
>> I haven’t had a chance to figure out why Groovy won’t build on my system so I can’t submit a PR for this.
> What error do you get?
>
> Although it a good practice to test locally before submitting a PR, the submitted PR is tested on https://builds.apache.org/view/Groovy/ and http://ci.groovy-lang.org/?guest=1 so you can submit it anyway.
>
> Cheers,
> Pascal

Research Associate
Department of Computer Science