groovy-dev mailing list archives

From John Wagenleitner <john.wagenleit...@gmail.com>
Subject Cleanup and internal package names
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 18:34:48 GMT
I was recently looking into a few JSON related issues
(GROOVY-6813/6922/7665) and came across a number of unused methods in the
class groovy.json.internal.CharScanner.  Before I did anything I thought
I'd better check and see if the project team is open to "cleanup" pull
requests (not associated with any particular issue).

I know that the stability of the public API is extremely important and this
class and it's methods are public, but not used outside its module in the
groovy codebase.  Is being in a package named "internal" (nested within a
public package groovy.json) sufficient to allow removing unused public
methods and/or changing their signatures?

John