groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: challenges through Java modules (aka jigsaw)
Date Sat, 28 Nov 2015 11:31:00 GMT

That's not so easy to answer actually, since it depends on what area you
want to work on. For the things talked about here... mostly gradle and
all about jigsaw.... for a new MOP you should know the java memory model
very well, and about concurrent programming in Java. You should know
about what a meta class is, what it does and why we even have one.
Knowing the old MOP extensively would help (but barely anyone does,
since it is more specified by code than by anything else). Then of
course you need to be able to read the existing code base pretty well.

That's basically it.

bye blackdrag