groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: challenges through Java modules (aka jigsaw)
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2015 20:29:18 GMT
On 26.11.2015 21:05, Guillaume Laforge wrote:
> I'm also thinking it's the right moment to "fix" things we've done
> wrong, have a clean separation, not leaking implementation, etc.
> That's feeling like the right moment to seize this opportunity. We
> wouldn't keep the odd location of some of the classes we've already
> mentioned. And as C├ędric says, we could also offer a converter in a way
> or another to help the migration.
> People fear transitions like Python 2 to 3 would happen as soon as we
> break compatibility, but the differences between Python 2 and 3 were
> much bigger that what we're speaking about here.

I think we need a list of the specific cases, then we can talk about the
seize of the impact.

You two know I was all for a big change (MOP2). I am worried about the
manpower to actually do that change. I was back then already actually
and did not want to do it all alone.

If a source converter can be done the barrier sure is smaller. On the
other hand Python had https://docs.python.org/2/library/2to3.html

bye blackdrag