groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Pascal Schumacher <pascalschumac...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: challenges through Java modules (aka jigsaw)
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2015 18:18:36 GMT
Thanks for the detailed analysis Cédric. :)

Am 26.11.2015 um 14:16 schrieb Jochen Theodorou:
> I think we should concentrate on solving the package name conflicts in
> the new module system first... which basically is route 2. I am pretty
> sure the jdk9 problems won't end there and we need time to solve these
> problems as well... Of course we could still think about getting rid
> of the callsite caching part and depend on say JDK7 as minimum version.

I agree, we should try option 2 or - if it's nearly the same as option 1
- take option 1.

I think option 3 is the worst. With our current lack of resources I
doubt that we could implement enough "killer" features to motivate
people to update (getting people to update would be difficult anyway).

Cheers,
Pascal