groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <rus...@winder.org.uk>
Subject Re: challenges through Java modules (aka jigsaw)
Date Sun, 29 Nov 2015 11:09:46 GMT
On Sat, 2015-11-28 at 10:26 +0100, Cédric Champeau wrote:
> Sorry for the misused terminology. But one has to be aware that we're
> not
> all native speakers :)

The root of the problem is the supposed native English speakers who
invented the meaning and usage to seem trendy and different and then
used their position to make it seem normal usage. So when people such
as yourself use it, you are doing so because of the original. The fault
is theirs, not yours.

I just ask that we do not continue their improper use of English.

(I am sure the same sort of things happen in French, German, Spanish,…
there are "marketing dudes" bound to every language.)

--
Russel.