groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: [mentors] experimental graduation maturity assessment in view of graduating Groovy
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2015 14:43:46 GMT
On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 12:38 AM, Cédric Champeau
<cedric.champeau@gmail.com> wrote:
> Such a list was written for the proposal:
> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/GroovyProposal
>
> Since then we have made a great effort towards generating different LICENSE
> files depending on the artifacts we produce. Everything can be found in the
> license directory:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-groovy/tree/master/licenses
>
> And assembling the licenses depending on the artifacts is done here:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-groovy/blob/master/gradle/assemble.gradle
>
> I am kind of reluctant to write the list explicitly where we have tools to
> check everything (Rat plugin, license report): the list could become
> obsolete very easily without us noticing.

Agreed. Our source dependency license/notice info is already in the
source release. Our runtime dependency license/notice info is already
in the respective jars/zips. RAT does a check on our source files. And
now the gradle license report plugin does a cross-check on what we
already know from the license files. I believe we are well and truly
covered.

Cheers, Paul.