groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: [ANN] New committer: Shil Sinha
Date Sun, 25 Oct 2015 11:08:03 GMT
If I know I am taking all commits from a PR I tend to use (for PR#XXX):

curl https://github.com/apache/incubator-groovy/pull/XXX.patch

which then gives me s corrected URL for a direct patch for that PR, and then

curl correctedURL | git am
git commit -a --amend --> to manually append "(closes #<pull-request-number>)"
git push

I still often forgot the amend - it would be good if there was an
alternative way to close at that point but Apache permissions aren't
set up that way It would also be good to script the above to reduce
the extra steps and avoid human error but I haven't got around to it
yet.

Cheers, Paul..

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 7:10 PM, Thibault Kruse
<tibokruse@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 8:20 AM, Pascal Schumacher
> <pascalschumacher@gmx.net> wrote:
>> Am 20.10.2015 um 22:41 schrieb Shil Sinha:
>>> As far as merging pull requests, I read through a few of the dev threads
>>> from when Groovy migrated to Apache, but couldn't find a definitive
>>> workflow. Is that documented anywhere? If not, I can write it as I get