groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Shil Sinha <shil.si...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] New committer: Shil Sinha
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2015 20:41:13 GMT
Thanks everyone! I'm happy to be on board.

BTW, I think it's still a good idea to use PRs for a short period of time,
> so that you can accommodate with our dev process. In particular, how
> patches should be applied on master and cherry picked on maintenance
> branches.

I committed a small change to master and cherry picked it to 2_4_X
yesterday, hope that was ok. I'll continue using PRs going forward for the
time being.
As far as merging pull requests, I read through a few of the dev threads
from when Groovy migrated to Apache, but couldn't find a definitive
workflow. Is that documented anywhere? If not, I can write it as I get
familiar.

BTW: I prefer a model where committers are also supposed to go through
> pull request / review processes. I believe that does not decrease
> productivity, but has a range of beneficial effects. Becoming a
> committer should ideally just mean the ability to approve and merge
> other people's pull requests/patches.

I find this beneficial as well, for code changes. It's a useful way to keep
up with the codebase, rather than just browsing commits.

Shil