groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Groovy from the incubator
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 07:36:55 GMT
Hi all,

Following-up the graduation proposal in a thread [1] from our mentor
Emmanuel Lécharny, I would like to launch today a vote for that purpose: *let
Apache Groovy graduate*!

For reference, here are our recent monthly [2] and quarterly [3] reports
for the latest developments of the project and its community. We’d also
like to thank our mentor Bertrand Delacretaz for setting up and assisting
with Groovy’s initial maturity assessment audit. It indicates that we are
in a good position to graduate [5].

This is therefore a call for vote to graduate the Groovy podling from
Apache Incubator.  The proposed board resolution is below; the proposed
chair for the graduated project is based on the proposal in [4].

Please cast your votes:

[  ] +1 Graduate Groovy podling from Apache Incubator

[  ] +0 Indifferent to the graduation status of Groovy podling

[  ] -1 Reject graduation of Groovy podling from Apache Incubator,

because.....

This vote will be open for 72 hours until next Sunday.

I vote +1 (binding)!

Regards,

Guillaume Laforge

[1]
http://groovy.329449.n5.nabble.com/DISCUSSION-What-about-moving-out-teh-Incubator-tp5727796.html

[2] https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/July2015

[3] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/October2015

[4]
http://groovy.329449.n5.nabble.com/VOTE-Groovy-chairman-election-tp5728290.html

[5] https://github.com/apache/incubator-groovy/blob/master/MATURITY.adoc

Establish the Apache Groovy Top-Level Project

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of the
Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish a
Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance of
open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public, to
enable the creation of software using domain-driven design principles, and
the realization of this through the naked objects architectural pattern,

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee (PMC),
to be known as the "Apache Groovy Project", be and hereby is established
pursuant to Bylaws of the

Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Groovy Project be and hereby is responsible for
the evolution and maintenance of the Groovy programming language; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Groovy" be and hereby
is created, the person holding such office to serve at the direction of the
Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache Groovy Project, and to have
primary responsibility for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache Groovy Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache Groovy Project PMC:

Cédric Champeau <cedric.champeau@gmail.com>

Paul King <paul@asert.com.au>

Guillaume Laforge <glaforge@gmail.com>

Pascal Schumacher <pascalschumacher@gmx.net>>

Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@gmx.org>

As well as the following committers:

Andrés Almiray <aalmiray@gmail.com>

Dierk König <dierk.koenig@canoo.com>

Russel Winder <russel@russel.org.uk>

Keegan Witt <keeganwitt@gmail.com>

Shil Sinha <shil.sinha@gmail.com>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Guillaume Laforge be appointed
to the office of Vice President, Apache Groovy, to serve in accordance with
and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of
the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that should the need arise for project-specific bylaws, that the
Apache Groovy PMC be tasked with the creation of such bylaws intended to
encourage open development and increased participation in the Apache Groovy
Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Groovy Project be and hereby is tasked with the
migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Groovy podling; and
be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
Groovy podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator Project are hereafter
discharged.

--
Guillaume Laforge
Apache Groovy committer & PMC member