groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graduation resolution (was: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Groovy from the incubator)
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 10:13:30 GMT
On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 11:29 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <
bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here are my comments about the proposed board resolution, let's fix it
> in this thread.
>
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 9:36 AM, Guillaume Laforge <glaforge@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > ,...to enable
> > the creation of software using domain-driven design principles, and the
> > realization of this through the naked objects architectural pattern,..
>
> That's not Groovy, probably a copy/paste from Isis?

Damn, I thought I had carefully changed all references and details...
grrr...
I'm almost certain I had changed that paragraph :-O
At least all those involved here know what Groovy is about... but still...

...charged with the evolution and maintenance of the Groovy programming
language project, to enable developers to develop programs in Groovy as an
alternative and complementary approach to using the Java language on the
Java platform.

Thoughts?

> > ...RESOLVED, that the Apache Groovy Project be and hereby is responsible
> for
> > the evolution and maintenance of the Groovy programming language; and be
> it
> > further..
>
> "the evolution and maintenance..." is what you want in that first
> paragraph probably.

Yup, see above where I've extended a bit the purpose of Groovy.

> > ...As well as the following committers...
>
> Board resolutions don't list committers. The PMC is of course free to
> make those folks committers on the new TLP right away.

There was a remark asking about committers, since we have committers which
aren't PMC members.
So I figured I could just name them for reference and recognition.
Should I remove them?

Going forward (once we're happy with the wording), how should we proceed
with the changes?
Is it just about mentioning that in the voting thread?

--
Guillaume Laforge
Apache Groovy committer & PMC member

Blog: http://glaforge.appspot.com/