groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Cédric Champeau <cedric.champ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mentors] experimental graduation maturity assessment in view of graduating Groovy
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 09:58:35 GMT
Thanks Bertrand for setting this up. I like the idea of having concrete,
non subjective criteria for graduating, even if it could mean in our case
that graduating would be "stricter". Here are some of my comments on the
TODOS:

*CD20*

> The project’s code is easily discoverable and publicly accessible.

> TODO: http://groovy.apache.org/ redirects to http://groovy-lang.org/, do
we plan on keeping it like that?

At least for me, yes. The model is OpenOffice, which has it's dedicated
domain. It's also much easier for us given our publication model (docs in
subdomains, ...) and the history of the project. My vision to this, what we
might do is using groovy.a.o for *development of Groovy itself*, while
groovy-lang.org would be the user facing site.

>TODO: http://groovy-lang.org/ does not include an obvious link to the code
repository (unless I missed something)

It's there in multiple places: the "fork me" banner on the upper right
corner and contribute page: http://groovy-lang.org/contribute.html

*LC20*

> Libraries that are mandatory dependencies of the project’s code do not
create more restrictions than the Apache License does.

> TODO: do we have a documented verification of that? JIRA ticket?

Apart from using Rat, no, I don't think we have. But I think it adresses
LC30. We don't have any dependency which is not OSS or not approved.

*RE40*

> Convenience binaries can be distributed alongside source code but they
are not Apache Releases — they are just a convenience provided with no
guarantee.

> TODO check the status of binaries in existing releases and briefly
document it here.

Votes and announcements explicitly refer to those binaries as convenience
binaries.

*QU30*

> The project provides a well-documented channel to report security issues,
along with a documented way of responding to them.

> TODO: http://groovy-lang.org/ does not include that information as far as
I can see. See also
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html#navigation for required
links on the project’s homepage.

We have http://groovy-lang.org/security.html, but not linked from top-level
page or menu. The mandatory links must be added.