groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Thibault Kruse <tibokr...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] New committer: Shil Sinha
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2015 17:05:27 GMT
On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 6:58 PM, Pascal Schumacher
<pascalschumacher@gmx.net> wrote:
> The  IncubatingProject  Management  Committee  (IPMC)  for
> Apache  Groovy Incubating has  asked  Shil Sinhato  become
> a  committer  and  we  are  pleased  to  announce  that  they
> have  accepted.

Nice.

> Being  a  committer  enables  easier  contribution  to  the project  since
> there  is  no  need  to  go  via  the  patch  / pull requestsubmission
> process.  This  should  enable  better  productivity.

BTW: I prefer a model where committers are also supposed to go through
pull request / review processes. I believe that does not decrease
productivity, but has a range of beneficial effects. Becoming a
committer should ideally just mean the ability to approve and merge
other people's pull requests/patches.