groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Thibault Kruse <tibokr...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] New committer: Shil Sinha
Date Sun, 25 Oct 2015 09:10:39 GMT
On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 8:20 AM, Pascal Schumacher
<pascalschumacher@gmx.net> wrote:
> Am 20.10.2015 um 22:41 schrieb Shil Sinha:
>> As far as merging pull requests, I read through a few of the dev threads
>> from when Groovy migrated to Apache, but couldn't find a definitive
>> workflow. Is that documented anywhere? If not, I can write it as I get
>> familiar.
>
> I use
>
> git fetch https://github.com/<contributor>/incubator-groovy.git
> <pull-request-branch>
> git cherry-pick <commit(s) of the pull request>
> git commit -a --amend --> to add "(closes #<pull-request-number>) at the end
> of the title"

This looks rather clumsy to me. In cas you did not know:

There is the possibility to configure your local git repository to
fetch all PRs as well:
https://gist.github.com/piscisaureus/3342247

That way a simple git fetch will get you branches named like "pr/107".

Possibly the apache hosted git repository could be configured to sync
PR branches that way automatically.
Also see http://www.pragmatic-source.com/en/opensource/tips/automatic-synchronization-2-git-repositories
for that.