groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Result, was [VOTE] Groovy chairman election...
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2015 18:50:30 GMT
On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 07:38AM, Guillaume Laforge wrote:
>    So we can't launch the vote yet, and who asks the approval to the board?

What I was saying, is that we don't have a PMC until the project is graduated.
Having the chair election for the future PMC is totally fine at any point
really.

The following steps would need to be covered for the graduation (assuming that
community feels like moving forward with it):
 - formal community vote on the graduation from the incubator
 - IPMC [VOTE] on graduation and the board resolution draft
 - assuming the two above are successful, the resolution will be added to the
   board's next month agenda for the final approval

Considering that all these votes take time, perhaps it make sense to start the
community vote.

Cos