groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Groovy chairman election...
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2015 18:02:56 GMT
+1 on both.

I think the good way of looking at the Chair from PMC side is
 - a bureaucrat, who's responsible to file board@ reports on time and carry on
   some other functions like updating PMC records, etc.
 - a neutral mediator shall any conflicts within the community arise

A good practice which worked in a few of projects is for the current chair
to start a [DISCUSS] to nominate a new chair every year or so. If no
nominations were made, the current chair simply stays for another periodk

Cos