groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <rus...@winder.org.uk>
Subject Re: [mentors] experimental graduation maturity assessment in view of graduating Groovy
Date Sun, 18 Oct 2015 09:27:07 GMT
On Sat, 2015-10-17 at 00:15 +1000, Paul King wrote:
> Sorry, forgot to mention that one. As per licenses/jsr166y-BINZIP.txt
> (EG = Expert Group):
>
> ---
> JSR166y License (optionally used by the optional GPars dependency)
>
> This product bundles the jsr166y jar (containing works from
> the JSR-166 EG, Doug Lea, and Jason T. Greene) made available in
> the public domain.  For details, see licenses/jsr166y-license.
> ---
>
> Also, I think the links on the Groovy site should be very close to
> what we want now.

Is it intended that the gpars artefact is part of the distribution? If
not then the jsr166y artefact need not be part of the distribution. If
gpars is in the distribution, then do we need to note that it contains
a vendor fork of extra166y for legal purity reasons?

We have never worried about these levels of detail before as most
things were ASL 2.0 and Doug's stuff is all public domain – well except
that you can't have public domain in some jurisdictions I understand.

--
Russel.