groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Groovy chairman election...
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2015 12:26:32 GMT
I am +1.

Just for the record: We all need to recall that the Chair is
not indicate some sort of "hierarchy" level in the PMC; that
is, it doesn't mean that the Chair is the "main" developer,
or the "most important person" or even, at some level, the
person "most deserving of respect"... It is easy to confuse
the term Chair or VP of a PMC, which relates to the *foundation*
as someone also being relative to their authority in the *PMC*
(if you catch my drift).

I know that here in Groovy-land, we all grok this; but it's always
good to add these kinds of reminders :)