groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] What about moving out teh Incubator ?
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 13:33:31 GMT
On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 3:23 PM, C├ędric Champeau
<cedric.champeau@gmail.com> wrote:
> ....One exit criteria is "growing the community", and growing
> the community means finding new "committers", aka, people committed to the
> project. And The definition here of committer binds it to having write
> access to the repository, which has nothing to do with it IMHO....

You are technically correct but giving those people commit access to
the repository, as part of making them committers, doesn't hurt.

It's useful for 99% for them and for the others it's not a problem -
we trust them not to touch what they don't master (like any committer)
and worst case version control is our friend.

So having two different roles for "coding committers" and "non-coding
committers" would complicate things while bringing no tangible
benefit.

Basically, if you think someone is committed to Groovy and deserves to
be listed as such, make them committers, as there's no better role
here and the coding or non-coding distinction is not useful.

-Bertrand