groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Thibault Kruse <tibokr...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Failing Groovysh Test with JDK 9 SNAPSHOT on Buildserver
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 09:13:45 GMT
The tests makes sure that completing java.util. includes 'Set', as in
java.util.Set. I'll assume java9 does not move the Set class. I guess
there is a change affecting method
PackageHelperImpl.getClassnames(), which was originally copied from jline1.

I see it has adaptations for jigsaw made by Cedric:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-groovy/commit/0e384ec3
(not pointing fingers, just analyzing the code)

And the breaking test follows that new codepath.

Debugging a bit, I notice that the files contained in 'jrt:/' does not
contains only "/modules/java.base/java/util/Set.class". At a glance,
it seems the assumptions in
PackageHelperImpl.getPackagesAndClassesFromJigsaw() do not hold with
the current Java9 implementation, since it produces a Class
java.base.java.util.Set, but not java.util.Set.

A quick fix is to change:
-if (elems) {
-   elems = elems[3..<elems.length]
+if (elems && elems.length > 2) {
+    elems = elems[3..<elems.length]

in *two* places in that method.

I have no idea whether there is a standard for the folder layout
FileSystems.newFileSystem(URI.create("jrt:/")) should return, or
whether and why this has changed since Cedric made his additions.

However this might be related:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jigsaw-dev/2014-November/004044.html