groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] What about moving out teh Incubator ?
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2015 09:39:27 GMT
On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 12:11 PM, Andrew Bayer <andrew.bayer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the delay!

Same here ;-)

> The only concern I'd have is that there's only been one release without any
> hiccups (though obviously 2.4.4's issues were due to the need to speed out
> the security fix) - and even then, the concern is not my own but being a bit
> nervous as to whether IPMC people might get snippy about it.

Since I was actively reviewing that initial release that generated some of the
questions, I must say that the way Groovy community interacted with IPMC
made me feel very confident that they 'get it' (that's part of the
reason I didn't
take as active position in reviewing the latest release).

Overall, I must say that Groovy has been one the easiest podlings for
me to mentor. They were always extremely receptive to the feedback
and constructive in how they approached the situation. No surprise
there -- in a way Groovy was conceived as an open source project from
day one.

The team made sure to expose all the decision making process to the
mailing lists and in general behaved

My only question/concern at this point is that of community growth. I do
realize that Groovy is a complex piece of software, but at the same time
it would be nice to have at least somewhat of a track record of folks
being on-boarded into the project. May be not to hack on core of the project,
but do other things.

How do other mentors and community members feel about this?

Thanks,
Roman.