groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] What about moving out teh Incubator ?
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2015 14:38:01 GMT
Sorry about the long silence - crazy a couple of weeks before the ApacheCon.

Here's my take on this: release wise I believe you guys have mastered it.
Although, having one more might provide a helpful data point for IPMC folks,
when it comes to the voting on the graduation. Another point, as Roman
mentioned, is community growth.

Adding new committers/PPMC based only on the technical merits might be a bit
difficult, considering the maturity and complexity of the project. However,
committer-ship shouldn't be limited exclusively to those who contribute just
code. Say, people who do great job helping the community to grow and be more
visible by performing, essentially, community marketing are, in my opinion,
great candidates to committers.

I don't believe there should be a rush to get out of the Incubator until this
last aspect is worked out. I also don't think it is a blocker, but I'd rather
see it is addressed before we go to IPMC.

Cos