groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jesper Steen Møller <jes...@selskabet.org>
Subject Re: Groovy-Eclipse Docmentation
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2015 08:06:38 GMT
Hi

About that other problem: So basically, Groovy-Eclipse is now at GitHub, and the issues which
were at Codehaus are now … gone? Is there a backup or something?

-Jesper

> On 11/08/2015, at 21.00, Keegan Witt <keeganwitt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> True, but that's a whole other problem :)
>
> I was going to pitch in to help move the documentation (as long as no one objects), as
well as restore the DSLD documentation from Internet Archive.  But as for getting Groovy-Eclipse
rolling again, that's beyond the scope of what I'm ready to take on now.

> -Keegan
>
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 2:37 PM, Cédric Champeau <cedric.champeau@gmail.com <mailto:cedric.champeau@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Well, the main problem is that Groovy Eclipse has no maintainer anymore. So we could
move the docs here, for sure, but in any case, without updates...

> Would anyone object to moving most of the content from http://docs.groovy-lang.org/next/html/documentation/#section-groovyeclipse
<http://docs.groovy-lang.org/next/html/documentation/#section-groovyeclipse> to the
Groovy-Eclipse wiki <https://github.com/groovy/groovy-eclipse/wiki>?  My preference
would be to keep the official documentation limited to a short description and link to the
appropriate documentation for related projects rather than going into all the specifics of
its usage in the official docs.  Besides reducing clutter, it will allow the documentation
to be updated according to the release cycle of the project being documented rather than tied
to a Groovy release.  What do you think?