groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Anne <a...@cohsoft.com.au>
Subject Jar compiled with groovy 2.4.4 fails to work with @Grab. Using 2.3.11 works.
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 08:29:52 GMT
Hi

I created a jar from groovy source code using gradle's standard jar target
and groovy plugin. Published the jar to a private ivy repo. Tried to use
the jar in a script using @Grab, and got the following error:

Caught: BUG! exception in phase 'conversion' in source unit
'/home/me/code/MyScript.groovy' # Licensed to the Apache Software
Foundation (ASF) under one or more
BUG! exception in phase 'conversion' in source unit
'/home/me/code/MyScript.groovy' # Licensed to the Apache Software
Foundation (ASF) under one or more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: # Licensed to the Apache
Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more

Changing my gradle build file to use groovy 2.3.11 to build the jar and
republishing the jar, fixed the problem. The script itself was run with
groovy 2.4.4 at all times.

I won't have the time for a couple of days to follow this up any further,
but I wanted to report it in case someone can work it out while I am away.
Once I have some time again, I will be happy to give more detail and try
things if that will help.

*Version and config details:*
DID NOT WORK
Groovy 2.4.4
Spock 1.0-groovy-2.4 (I doubt this is relevant, but it is something that
was different between working and non-working setups)

DID WORK
Groovy 2.3.11
Spock 1.0-groovy-2.3

COMMON CONFIG:
Gradle 2.6
Created jar using standard jar task, and gradlew, via Jenkins
Sample MyScript.groovy that used the jar via @Grab is below. I have a
custom grapeConfig.xml pointing to my private repo.

@Grab(group = 'mygroup', module = 'MyModule', version = '0.1.0')
import au.com.mypackage

println "hello"

Jar was built and published via Jenkins. At one point I unpacked the jar,
and searched for "Apache" using grep. No match, so I don't know where the
text in the error is coming from.

While trying to fix the error, I removed all local grapes several times, as
well as deleting the jar and related files from the private repo, before
finally changing my gradle build file. I haven't done anything to confirm
the Jenkins setup is not at fault, but it seems unlikely.

Cheers,
Anne.

--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 2773

Bonsai ERP, the all-inclusive ERP system
http://www.bonsaierp.com.au/