groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Andres Almiray <aalmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.4-incubating
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 21:11:22 GMT
-1

A few things I've found:

- artifact is named apache-groovy-incubating-2.4.4.zip; unpacking yields
groovy-2.4.4. Given the usual pattern of other apache projects I expect it
to be apache-groovy-2.4.4 but I guess this is no biggie ;-)
- gradlew is missing (I know, I know) so README.adoc mentions how to build
the source assuming you already have the wrapper (which you don't!). You
must install gradle (good!) or copy the wrapper files from another project
(not so good). I'd suggest updating this file with the following
instructions
  - minimum Gradle version needed (it looks like 2.3)
  - how to install gradle if you don't have it:
    - the manual and error prone way
    - use gvm | sdkmanager FTW!
  - generate wrapper files by invoking `gradle wrapper`
  - *OPTIONAL* mentioning https://github.com/dougborg/gdub for good measure

After setting up the wrapper, invoking build on the sources yields an error
with RAT:

Unapproved Licenses:
   ~/groovy-2.4.4/gradle.properties

it looks like this file has no header !! Either add a header of mark it as
an exclusion in quality.gradle.

I really would like to see groovy-2.4.4 out int he wild (it's been too long
since the last release) but I'm afraid I must vote -1 because it can't be
built from source :-(

Cheers,
Andres

Java Champion; Groovy Enthusiast