groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Andres Almiray <aalmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.4-incubating
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 21:38:44 GMT
You're right. The README does mention the bootstrap sequence. I probably
skimmed through it too fast so that I missed it.

The source package builds successfully as long as
 - gradle.properties has a license header
 - gradle.properties is excluded from rat

Because of this, the source package must be updated so the current zip file
would not be good, hence the -1.
Perhaps I misunderstood the voting process. I thought that if source
package is not good enough then either 0 or -1 is issued (like in this
case). If the # -1s outweigh +1s  a new package should be created (or is it
just a handful? or one -1 is enough to back it up?).

Fixing gradle.properties and invoking build makes all tests go green and
produces a good binary. that would change my -1 to +1!!!

Cheers,
Andres

Java Champion; Groovy Enthusiast
http://jroller.com/aalmiray