groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Package Groovydoc not helpful
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2015 08:26:15 GMT
Am 24.07.2015 02:21, schrieb Keegan Witt:
> I noticed when looking at a package summary, all I can see is "Licensed
> to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more contributor
> license agreements." as the description for every class.  For example,
> see here:
> http://docs.groovy-lang.org/latest/html/gapi/groovy/lang/package-summary.html
>
> Have we discussed addressing this already?  Or should I open a
> documentation Jira?  Also, are we considering creating package-info.html
> / package-info.java files?

I think I see actually 2 kinds of bugs here.

If you look for example at
http://docs.groovy-lang.org/latest/html/gapi/groovy/lang/AdaptingMetaClass.html
you see the license again. This is a comment above the package statement
and should not have been used instead of the javadoc comment above the
class statement.

And of course the problem of package-info.html being ignored.
groovy/lang for example has one, but I don't see anything from it in the
summary.

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou