groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Fwd: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.4-incubating (Mentor question)
Date Sun, 19 Jul 2015 02:08:29 GMT

Just one question I had wrt "BUNDLING PERMISSIVELY-LICENSED DEPENDENCIES".
(from http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps)

It states: "Under normal circumstances, there is no need to modify NOTICE."

Currently I have things like this in some of the NOTICE files:

This product includes/uses the git.io/normalize.css stylesheet
which is distributed under the MIT license
Copyright (c) Nicolas Gallagher and Jonathan Neal

This product includes/uses Jline (http://jline.sourceforge.net)
Distributed under the BSD license
Copyright (c) 2002-2006, Marc Prud'hommeaux <mwp1@cornell.edu>

And I have the appropriate license text embedded in the LICENSE.
(No short form is currently possible since we don't have the whole
of those projects embedded as dependencies  just single source files).

Should I delete those entries from NOTICE since they are permissive
licenses? What are the circumstances which aren't considered "normal"
in terms of the howto wording?

Thanks, Paul.