groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.4-incubating
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2015 14:45:21 GMT
Le 13/07/15 16:07, Cédric Champeau a écrit :
>> I suggest that the README should be completed with clear instruction for.
>> those who don't have gradlew installed.
>
> There *is* such a section:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-groovy/#unpacking-the-src-distribution

This is a section about unpacking, not about building the sources. If
you read the '== Building from Source' section, it's all about gradlew.

Just clarify it, it would be useful.

> It would also be cool to have it
>> for the various OS aorund there (Mac OSX, Linux and Windows).
>>

> It's not different for Mac/Linux. But for windows, we might need an
> additional '.bat' to the instructions. I'm not sure.

Either you tell people they must build the packages under linux/mac, and
that's enough, or you tell people what's specific about windows. In any
case, I tested the build, and it fails if I don't remove the ^M at the
end of the batche files.