groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Lukas <lukasiew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GROOVY-2756] Would like to become a contributor
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 05:32:03 GMT
Hi Cedric and Jochen,
thanks for you answers! I absolutely understand your concerns. My proposal
would be to entirely decouple the comparator operators and the compareTo()
method as this might be considered as elegant solution but not the most
flexible one when it comes to the definition of DSLs. Such a strict
decoupling would clear up the mess but also possibly break some
compatibilities and, thus, justify that this should be part of a major
release.

Do you have some suggestion which other parts I might contribute to first
instead? I am a Java expert and very experienced when it comes to
algorithms. Still, the comparator overloading is very close to my heart and
I will revisit it later on after I gained some more Groovy experience as I
very much like to see it in 3.0.

Thanks,
Martin