groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Relicense Groovy documentation under ALv2
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2015 11:10:05 GMT
+1 (binding)
> On Jun 26, 2015, at 3:27 AM, C├ędric Champeau <cedric.champeau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> During our first attempt to release Groovy under the incubator umbrella, it was noticed
that our documentation is currently licensed under Creative Commons BY-SA, which is incompatible
with the Apache Software Foundation guidelines.

> We contacted the contributors to this documentation and asked them to relicense it under
ALv2. This process is tracked on a specific JIRA issue [1].

> At the moment, all contributors but one (JBrownVisualSpection) agreed on the change.
We were unable to contact this last contributor, but fortunately all his changes are typos
[2].

> As such, we would like to open the vote to change the license of the documentation from
CC by-sa to ALv2.