groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Дионисьев Павел <xseagu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Antlr4 Groovy parser
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2015 20:39:52 GMT
Yes. I have worked with that plug-in. It was quite good.
You can run not a full testsuite on groovy, or continue with my standalone
project for a while. I even have had another uncommitted Dev test, to
easily run only fallen one while fixing. While I was modifying a grammar I
had a lot of side-effects, as it's sometimes uneasy to track.
To debug there were also some options in that project, i've pushed it in
https://github.com/xSeagullx/antlrv4_groovy_grammar/tree/test_code_snippet
branch.

BTW, for me working in separate project was faster and easier, but lead to
problems while merging back(mostly with translation to Java, honestly).

Hope it helps,
Pavel.

>> Well, there aren’t that many commits in the java-migration branch — I can
>> merge those over easily, I think.
>>

> Okie dokie, good.
> I think we have to start from a good state, with the latest changes (sorry
> it's not obvious to figure that out with the various branches here and
> there...)
>

>> The biggest problem seems to be that I’m unable to import the full Groovy
>> build into an IDE to get faster turnaround-times than with “./gradlew :test
>> —tests <class>” (30 sec on my current hardware)
>>

> Right, it's not very easy and practical indeed.
>
> Pavel, perhaps you have some advice or tips'n tricks that could help
> Jesper?
>
> Also, I'm wondering if you've tried the Antlr v4 plugin for IntelliJ (or
> the equivalent for Eclipse if you're using that).
> Perhaps it can help you work on the grammar more easily, to test things as
> you go, and only once in a while do the full dance of launching gradle?
>
> Guillaume
>

>> -Jesper
>>
>> On 09/06/2015, at 09.55, Guillaume Laforge <glaforge@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> So Jesper should be working off of the java migration branch from Pavel I
>> guess?
>> (rather than what we currently have in our antlr4 branch)
>>
>> Guillaume

>>> all parts that the parser itself uses should be in Java because we have
>>> no groovy bootsrapping process for that. Tests don't need to be ported
>>>
>>> bye blackdrag
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou
>>> blog: http://blackdragsview.blogspot.com/