groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Ledbrook <pe...@cacoethes.co.uk>
Subject CharSequence.next()
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2015 09:52:48 GMT
Hi,

I'm seeing some strange behaviour in GroovyCharSequenceMethodsTest,
specifically around the ++ and -- operators. The next() and previous()
methods work fine but

    cs2++

and

    cs2--

don't seem to return the updated strings, even though debugging the test
indicates that they use the underlying next() and previous() methods.

The pre-increment operators, ++cs2 and --cs2, don't even go through those
methods. Instead, their behaviour is reversed. In other words, the result
of --cs2 is what I expect from ++cs2 and vice versa.

This is on master, so has something changed recently that might explain all
this? Or could it be a configuration issue?

Thanks,

Peter