groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Groovy not allowed to include its "Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License" licensed documentation in the distribution? (was: Re: [Apache Creadur/RAT-206] Request to add support for Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike / what LICENSE snippet to scan for?)
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 09:20:54 GMT
On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 10:23 AM, Guillaume Laforge <glaforge@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...What is the process for asking people to relicense their contributions to
> the documentation under ASL?...

Actually, given that (IIUC) the docs that we are talking about have
been donated under the Groovy software grant, asking the original
contributors might not technically be needed. But it's good practice,
I agree.

> ...If I get an email from each of them saying they are okay with the
> relicensing, is that okay?...

I suggest creating a jira issue to keep track of that process, and
document there the agreements that you get so that the whole thing is
open and traceable. Emails sent to the groovy dev list sound ok to me.

> ...(don't tell me they need to send me or scan me a real paper with a real
> signature, etc)...

If it was me I'd much rather sign everything digitally but that's not
how it works so far ;-)

-Bertrand