groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.4-incubating
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 13:45:21 GMT
On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 3:38 PM, C├ędric Champeau
<cedric.champeau@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1) JavadocFixTool.java looks problematic, discussed elsewhere in this
>> thread
>>
>> 2) A large number of *.adoc files are missing the Apache license header.
>>
> Both are fixed on the 2.4.x and master branches, so ready for a future
> release. Not sure if they are enough to prevent releasing from incubator...

IMO the JavadocFixTool.java issue is blocking, yes.

> ...I had understood jars as test
> resources are not a problem but I might be wrong, let us know...

It's fine but IMO best is to create a jira ticket and explain there
what the jar files that I mentioned contain and why they're safe to
include, so that if someone asks again later you can just point them
to that ticket. If those jar files never change you might also list
their sha1 digests there so that there's no doubt.

The issue with including executable binaries (like jar files) in
Apache releases is that there's no way to validate that they don't
contain anything harmful, so it's good to explain why those are safe.

-Bertrand