groovy-dev mailing list archives

From C├ędric Champeau <cedric.champ...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Relicense Groovy documentation under ALv2
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2015 07:27:42 GMT
Hi!

During our first attempt to release Groovy under the incubator umbrella, it
was noticed that our documentation is currently licensed under Creative
Commons BY-SA, which is incompatible with the Apache Software Foundation
guidelines.

We contacted the contributors to this documentation and asked them to
relicense it under ALv2. This process is tracked on a specific JIRA issue
[1].

At the moment, all contributors but one (JBrownVisualSpection) agreed on
the change. We were unable to contact this last contributor, but
fortunately all his changes are typos [2].

As such, we would like to open the vote to change the license of the
documentation from CC by-sa to ALv2.

The vote is open for the next 72h and passes if a majority of at least
three +1 PPMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Change documentation license from Creative Commons BY-SA to Apache
License v2
[ ] 0 I am not against the change
[ ] -1 Do not change the documentation license because ...

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)

Thanks!

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-7470
[2] list of commits from JBrownVisualSpection

b9e86d9 fix typo
d825776 fix typo
6a91b7b fix duplicate example map literal inference simple
3a5d8f6 fix typo
173ad0e Use the correct example for right currying
5586272 fix typo "recommanded" -> "recommended"
dd08834 fix typo