groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.4-incubating
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 06:51:36 GMT
Let me answer one thing that is currently preventing
me from +1ing this release. I'll address the rest
in the morning.

On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 11:26 PM, C├ędric Champeau
<cedric.champeau@gmail.com> wrote:
>>    3. The wording around licensing on
>>              buildSrc/src/main/java/JavadocFixTool.java
>>        makes me worried. Has the licensing implications of this
>>        file every been discussed.
>

> I don't think so. A fix like this has to be applied on *all* documentation
> that is generated on older JVM releases (Jdk 6 and first releases of JDK 7).
> We systematically apply it because we build on multple JDKs, so we cannot
> guarantee that the generated Javadoc is not vulnerable. Any project that
> doesn't do this has a serious problem. This is funny because I was actually
> the first one to turn this into a plugin for Gradle, before Ant or Maven did
> it, but our build doesn't use it. That said, if we use a plugin, we just
> hide the fact we're using such a tool :)

We need to raise this on general@ ASAP then. The problem is not that
we're using it during the build, but that we're distributing it in the release
tarball that needs to be ALv2 compatible. My understanding that it
currently isn't.

I'll start the thread on general@

Thanks,
Roman.