groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Andres Almiray <aalmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.4-incubating
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 16:10:00 GMT
Don't want to throw a rock into the pond but what about all doc contributions made so far by
external committers (i.e github PRs). Wouldn't changing the license require everyone to agree
to the new terms?

Is it really mandatory to relicense everything to ASL2? What about icon resources found in
groovy-console? AFAIk those come from famfamfam's Silk icon set which IIRC are not ASL2 either.

Keep it simple. Code is ASL2, resources and docs CC or equivalent, OSI certified and ASf compatible,
wouldn't it?

Cheers
Andres

Sent from my primitive Tricorder

> On 08/06/2015, at 17:55, C├ędric Champeau <cedric.champeau@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I think it's easier to release everything under the Apache License if
>> possible. Or is there a specific reason to use that Creative Commons
>> license?
>>
> The original reason is that CC is more suited for texts and documentation. It doesn't
imply code. Now I have no problem with migrating to AL2, as long as it is legally possible.