groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Relicense Groovy documentation under ALv2
Date Sat, 27 Jun 2015 04:24:14 GMT

Just for completeness, I finally tracked James Brown down via LinkedIn and he has added his
+1 to the issue.

Cheers, Paul.

On 26/06/2015 5:27 PM, C├ędric Champeau wrote:
> Hi!
>
> During our first attempt to release Groovy under the incubator umbrella, it was noticed
that our documentation is currently licensed under Creative Commons BY-SA, which is incompatible
with the Apache Software Foundation guidelines.

> We contacted the contributors to this documentation and asked them to relicense it under
ALv2. This process is tracked on a specific JIRA issue [1].

> At the moment, all contributors but one (JBrownVisualSpection) agreed on the change.
We were unable to contact this last contributor, but fortunately all his changes are typos
[2].

> As such, we would like to open the vote to change the license of the documentation from
CC by-sa to ALv2.

> The vote is open for the next 72h and passes if a majority of at least three +1 PPMC
votes are cast.

> [ ] +1 Change documentation license from Creative Commons BY-SA to Apache License v2
> [ ] 0 I am not against the change
> [ ] -1 Do not change the documentation license because ...
>
> Here is my vote:
>
> +1 (binding)
>
> Thanks!
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-7470
> [2] list of commits from JBrownVisualSpection
>
> b9e86d9 fix typo
> d825776 fix typo
> 6a91b7b fix duplicate example map literal inference simple
> 3a5d8f6 fix typo
> 173ad0e Use the correct example for right currying
> 5586272 fix typo "recommanded" -> "recommended"
> dd08834 fix typo

---