groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Relicense Groovy documentation under ALv2
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2015 09:21:30 GMT
Le 26/06/15 11:16, Russel Winder a écrit :
> +1
>
>> Here is my vote:
>>
>> +1 (binding)
>
> Someone will have to tell me what the difference is between:
>
> +1
>
> and
>
> +1 (binding)

+1 are for people who are not part of the PMC (and here, IPMC).

For any Apache project, votes from non PMC/IPMC members are not
considered binding, which means we don't count them when a majority vote
is casted, like for a release.

Although most of the time, if some -1 are casted by non-PMC/IPMC
members, it's worthful to understand why they are casting a -1 !

PS : I never actually saw a vote with non-bindning -1 being ignored...