groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: java parser usage in Groovy
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2015 12:00:10 GMT
Am 23.06.2015 11:22, schrieb werickson:
> Have you thought about how this will affect Groovy's shiny new Java
> annotation processor support that was introduced in Gradle 2.4 builds?  This
> is what enables Groovy applications to use Dagger2 dependency injection on
> Android.
>
> If you move away from building Java stubs and compiling them with javac, you
> will break this feature.

we can still make stubs, just not for javac then. Another application
would be to use the stubs for javadoc.

The big difference is when we do the stubs. Because in those cases there
is no need to create them at the phase they are currently created in.
Instead we can do the complete transformation of the AST and then make
all the action transforms did visible.

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou