groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Groovy not allowed to include its "Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License" licensed documentation in the distribution?
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 04:49:07 GMT
Am 17.06.2015 18:41, schrieb Marvin Humphrey:
[...]
> The Incubator should revisit its practices around such multi-party SGAs and
> augment the process with additional safeguards.  Ideally this issue should
> have been caught prior to the VOTE to accept Groovy for incubation, allowing
> both the Incubator PMC and the Groovy community to make a more informed
> decision about the requirements of incubating at Apache.  Despite our best
> efforts over an extended discussion period, multiple opportunities were
> missed.

It is not like all javadoc comments are CC-BY-SA. It is about additional
documentation like a user guide. The distribution can go without it in
the worst case, and have it instead on another page in another
repository. In other words, it is in no way elementary for the codebase.
So it is in my eyes no critical part at all.

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou