groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Groovy not allowed to include its "Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License" licensed documentation in the distribution?
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 13:24:29 GMT
Le 17/06/15 15:11, Alex Harui a écrit :
> IMO, it depends on whether the Grant was executed correctly.  I am not the expert like
Bertrand, but I remember this from my incubation days:  The initial code base was “owned”
by Adobe, but was already open source and had accepted contributions from several people.
 Before I submitted the grant, I needed to convince the legal team at Adobe that all contributors
had signed an agreement that gave Adobe the right to donate their contribution.  That was,
in fact, part of the contributors agreement folks had to sign before Adobe would accept their
patches so we were good to go, but it left me with the impression that not all contribution
agreements give the right to donate.  In fact, for a portion of the code Adobe had received
as part of an acquisition of a  smaller company, the terms of the acquisition were not explicit
that Adobe could donate the acquired code, so we had to go back and get signatures from the
owners of the acquired code.

> Some contributor agreements give one entity a license to use some code, but don’t give
that entity the right to give others a license to that code.  What documentation do you have
on the agreement for the contributors of the CC files?

The original Groovy code was under an AL 2.0 license (except teh doco,
which was under CC-BY_SA-3.0). Considering that, what could be the
problem with the current grant ?