groovy-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.4-incubating
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 09:07:29 GMT
Le 08/06/15 10:33, Cédric Champeau a écrit :
> I would have appreciated that feedback earlier when we asked for it, and
> that was precisely why I was reluctant on starting a release before we
> addressed all of those issues. 
Can you point us to the mail you asked for a clarification rela    ted
to this exact issue ? To me, it seems like Roman discovered the pb while
running rat on the resulting packages, right ?

> Our build always produces those artifacts so
> it was easy to check. 
We don't check the packages regularly. The idea is to have a process
that do that *before* the release, in order to cacth all of the issues.
But there is more than just the packages, and it would have been
convenient to ask for a pre-check before the release to avoid such
frustrating problem.

> The fact of having to do a time consuming release to
> check for it is already too late and wasting our time, I must say I'm a bit
> frustrated. Should I cancel the vote?
It's up to you. There is not veto for a release (ie if someone -1 a
release, we are just in a situation where a majority of +1 wins. Now,
the concern has been raised, and youc an perfectly decide to keep the
release as is, assuming you are going to cut a new one soon enough.

IMHO, it's enough to inform users about this potential problem for those
who might see it as is. Would you spend some time using a fixed version
of your javadoc plugin for the next release, I think that would be good
enough.



Mime
View raw message