groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.4-incubating
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 03:33:04 GMT
On 8/06/2015 8:56 AM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> I've only looked at the source release, but here's what I noted:
>     1. [...] gradelw are missing, etc. [...]
> Thanks,
> Roman.

gradlew and gradlew.bat (along with the binary helper jar) are removed
when producing the source zip. They are left in the repo so that as per
normal gradle conventions, you can check out the project and go without
having to have gradle installed. We remove them from the source zip to
avoid having the binary helper jar within the zip as per our understanding
of Apache's source zip requirements. And hence the need for the bootstrap
gradle step as outlined in the README.adoc file. Bootstrapping puts the
gradlew* files back in place.

Cheers, Paul.

> On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 8:48 AM, C├ędric Champeau
> <cedric.champeau@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear community,
>>
>> I am happy to start the first VOTE thread for a Groovy release under the
>> Apache Incubator umbrella!
>> This release both includes a lot of bugfixes, but also required some
>> adjustments for the sake of conforming to the Apache Software Foundation and
>> Apache Incubator guidelines. A big thank to all who contributed and helped
>> us!
>>
>> The changelog for this release can be found here:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318123&version=12331941
>>
>> Tag for the release:
>> https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-groovy.git;a=tag;h=19f70958f39f0cc5c6b4d3e9471fd297400647d2
>>
>> The artifacts to be voted on are located here:
>> http://people.apache.org/~cchampeau/groovy/
>>
>> Release artifacts are signed with the following keys:
>> http://people.apache.org/~cchampeau/groovy/KEYS
>>
>> It is expected that voters check at least checksums and signatures, and of
>> course much better if you can also verify the source package.
>>
>> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Groovy 2.4.4-incubating.
>>
>> The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
>> three +1 PPMC votes are cast.
>>
>> [ ] +1 Release Apache Groovy 2.4.4-incubating
>> [ ]  0 I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I assume it's ok
>> [ ] -1 Do not release Apache Groovy 2.4.4-incubating because...
>>
>> Here is my vote:
>>
>> +1 (binding)

---