groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Bayer <andrew.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: In shape for a 2.4.4 release?
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 15:50:19 GMT
Yeah, any commit needs to be done by an actual committer. What I'd advise
for this release is that we do the TeamCity release build against a
personal fork of the repo, where TeamCity has creds to push etc, and then
the release manager pushes the commits/branches/tags to the canonical repo
manually. It's a little awkward, but meets the requirements for ASF
policies.

Can I get access to the TeamCity setup and a walk through of the process?
I'd like to start working on how I can (wearing my Infra hat here) figure
out how to make this process smoother and better integrated with Apache
processes going forward - and admittedly, how I can port it to Jenkins,
given my personal biases. =) I am also interested in seeing how the Groovy
release process may be able to provide a model for other ASF projects
looking for a more automated release build process.

A.