groovy-dev mailing list archives

From C├ędric Champeau <cedric.champ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release Groovy 2.4.4?
Date Fri, 01 May 2015 09:29:12 GMT
I agree that we would have probably released 2.4.4 already if we didn't
have to adapt the release process. There are a few steps that need to be
done:

- update NOTICE.txt to include the licenses of the libraries we embed
- adapt the release process to have a staging phase. We need to work with
the JFrog guys for this

There's also the unanswered question of the groupId/artifactId. So far we
use org.codehaus.groovy, and it's so widely used that I am worried if we
change it to org.apache.groovy. There are lots of libraries that draw
org.codehaus.groovy, so if we change it there will undoubtedly be a lot of
dependency conflicts to resolve, which for our users will be a PITA. The
question is, is it mandatory to change the groupId to be a TLP? If so, then
we know we'll have a painful transition phase. If not, then we're good.

The same is true for the version number which has to contain -incubating.
This is still unanswered. Until we have the answers to those questions, I
would not release.