groovy-dev mailing list archives

From C├ędric Champeau <cedric.champ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: In shape for a 2.4.4 release?
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 17:07:45 GMT

> Yeah, any commit needs to be done by an actual committer. What I'd advise
> for this release is that we do the TeamCity release build against a
> personal fork of the repo, where TeamCity has creds to push etc, and then
> the release manager pushes the commits/branches/tags to the canonical repo
> manually. It's a little awkward, but meets the requirements for ASF
> policies.

I see, this is probably the best thing to do at least for the first
release.

> Can I get access to the TeamCity setup and a walk through of the process?

For TeamCity I will send you an email with credentials. Release process is
described here [1] and here [2]. For [1] we should probably backup this
because it is going to be shutdown anytime soon. We can back it up through
a PR to [3].

[1] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Release+Process
[2] http://groovy-lang.org/wiki/groovy-release.html
[3] https://github.com/groovy/groovy-website/tree/master/site/src/site/wiki